Monday, April 30, 2012

Scamming Santa

Hannah: Guess what?  I know what I'm going to ask for for Christmas!
Me: Christmas is kinda a ways off baby...
Tim: What are you going to ask for?
Hannah: Three thousand dollars!
Me: I'm pretty sure Santa just gives out toys, not cash.
Hannah: No, he gives out money.
Tim: How do you know that?
Hannah: Well, on Christmas morning, I was looking through a window into a house and I saw a kid who got money.
Me: Well how do you know it was from Santa?
Hannah: He was holding a note that said "To whoever, here's three thousand dollars.  From Santa"
Tim: Well who was it? 
Hannah: I don't know, I didn't know that kid.
Tim: Well it would have said on the note you saw...Santa wouldn't have said "To whoever"
Hannah: Yeah, I'm not sure, but that kid got three thousand dollars so that's what I'm asking for.

I'm so glad that she thinks a reasonable explanation of her crazy ideas comes from peeking through the windows of other people on Christmas morning to see what they got - and thinks that we wouldn't have noticed her absence during her stalking expedition.  We're in real trouble when her lies get better.

No comments: